Hallett Nature Sanctuary: E60-62
10:00 am until 30 minutes before sunset.
By tour appointment only.
Closed since 1934 by Robert Moses the then park's commisioner, this substantial parcel of land, circled by the Pond
from 6th Avenue to East 62nd Street, has been a refuge for wildlife and an isolated sanctuary. Called the Promontory by the park designers it is one of the Park's three woodlands along with the Ramble
and North Woods