The Ladies Pavilion: W75
Jacob Wrey Mould 1825-1886
This Victorian cast-iron pavilion originally served as a shelter for people waiting for the trolley at 8th Avenue and 59th Street.
With a roof of gray slate and ironwork that was typical of its time the structure as a traveler's kiosk was used to shelter them from the elements as they waited at the south portico of the Park for trolley transportation home.
It was moved from its original location to Central Park and specifically to Hernshead
to clear the way for construction of the Maine Monument