Vanderbilt Gate: E105
Located at the entrance to Central Park's Conservatory Garden
this gate which was forged In Paris in 1894, was originally designed for the Vanderbilt Mansion at Fifth Avenue and 58th Street. The mansion itself was demolished to make way for the Bergdorf Goodman department store. The gate in turn was donated to the city in 1939 by
Gertrude Vanderbilt Whitney and was restored in 1996 by a donation of Arthur Ross.